Friday, November 21, 2008

Losing Weight Here!



Our Friend Lydia Comes to the Rescue!







Well at least one of us is losing weight. Today our nurse informed us that David lost 1 pound, and that while weight loss is not abnormal for newborns, David lost one more ounce than he should have. So we are now introducing one ounce of formula at every feeding in order to bulk him back up again. I am trying to model this behavior for David by bulking up on fast food and heavy desserts. I do it for my son. Chrissy is doing better today, her staples were removed and she is a bit more mobile than yesterday. Right now we are looking at leaving for home sometime tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lorisa Schmidt said...

Bummer! Whatever the "little guy" needs. Once your milk comes in he will gain all that weight back really fast. Hope your stay is going ok. So happy to hear you get to come home tomorrow. Please let me know if you need help. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. So nice to hear all of the updates you guys are so efficient.

Maureen said...

Chrissy,
The first week is so stressful! Ryan also lost weight and they insisted on feeding him formula also. I was so worried that he wouldn't breastfeed anymore after the bottle, or my milk wouldn't be as full. BUT, there is nothing to worry about. We ended up giving Ryan a bottle at midnight every night for 2 months, and I breastfed the rest of the time. It gave me a rest, and Dave got to do the midnight feeding. I would recommend the same to you and David and Larry. I want one of those milkshakes!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on getting to go HOME today! I'm sure you'll miss the hospital terribly. :)