Wednesday, November 19, 2008

That Dreaded Day for all boys!


Well today was the circumcision day. Poor David. After a morning filled with long feedings and short naps, David’s 12:30 appointment arrived. In my ignorant state of mind I requested that I be present at this procedure. Well right off the bat I regretted showing up. They had the poor guy strapped into a car seat like contraption while the nursery nurse was drowning his sorrows with a sugar water pacifier. As the doctor began to wield medieval like contraptions, I began to think, “What have I done?” Well in the end David and I survived. OK, enough adventures for one day.
(This picture was from the night before, but I find it most fitting for this segment.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

butcher

Lorisa Schmidt said...

So sorry I forgot to warn you about that. I am glad you both survived......so sad. I hope you all are doing well.

Katie Scott said...

he does look a bit miserable in that photo! glad you both made it through the ordeal!

Unknown said...

Yes, so fitting. Both of your expressions made me laugh out loud.